We help you design the perfect battery for your application. This includes a system design according to the relevant norms, modelling, prototyping, official testing and implementation in your powertrain.
Case Study: Battery Design for an Electric Aircraft System
Cell and Pack Configuration
In order to preselect a suitable cell and pack configuration the following steps are executed:
- Determining all relevant system parameters
- Identification of all available battery technologies
- Assessment of available battery technologies
- Creation of Database of market available cells
- Assessment of market-available or relevant research cells
Modeling and Simulation
A simulation approach is used in order to understand and predict the behavior of the battery pack in detail:
- Electrical and thermal modelling of battery
- Battery parameter fitting based on cell testing data
- Simulation of battery as part of powertrain for given mission profile
- Assessment of key battery parameters for each design iteration
Clearly understanding the relevant aviation norms is fundamental to a solid battery design.
- Identification of all relevant aviation industry standards for batteries
- Identification and extraction of all requirements
- Linking the requirements to high level certification specifications
All of the above steps can be used in order to derive an implementation concept for the specific battery pack.
- Custom determined cell and pack configuration
- Simulation validated configuration
- Design requirements based on aviation norms
The developed battery concept is now implemented into a prototype battery pack.
Electric Flytrain has designed custom solutions for the following features:
- Cell Contacting
- BMS (Battery Management System)
- Thermal Management
- Thermal Propagation Mitigation