Sr. Electric Powertrain Validation Engineer (m/f/d)
Electric Flytrain is seeking a skilled validation engineer with a focus on electrical powertrains. This position requires an experienced professional with understanding how systems behave from a mechanical, electrical and software point of view. The candidate will be overlooking testing and validation activities across all programs. The candidate is expected to seek out opportunities to improve the working environment and chime in his/her/their experience to improve designs and processes.
- Problem solving and root cause analysis
- Participate in early design phases of product definition
- Define testing methodologies at the system and component level
- Design and build the testing infrastructures from an electromechanical standpoint
- Execute or Automate testing activities through scripting (test executions and logging)
- Analysis trends and provide continuous recommendations on design improvement
- Regularly bridge information between involved shareholders within the company
- Ensure rigorous work traceability and summarize testing results
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Electrical Engineering or other relevant degree
- Demonstrated working experience in the field
- Strong hands-on hardware experience
- Understanding of the relevant industry testing standards
- Familiar with certification methodology
- Familiar with electrical machines and electrical power conversion
- Familiar with analogue/ digital circuits
- Familiar with schematic capture and PCBA
- Familiar with Communication protocol (CAN, Ethernet , etc)
- Proficiency with EE tools and measurement equipment (Oscilloscopes)
- Understanding of automation and test sequence scripting
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
Specific about this role:
- As this role requires working with a lot of hardware setups, it is a role that is primarily on-site.
- Additionally it will be required to travel to a testing site (near Salzburg) for approx 2 days every 2 weeks (travel, food and accommodation is fully reimbursed)
Your Benefits of working at Electric Flytrain:
Work with purpose:
Your contribution to Electric Flytrain will help to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable mobility.
Young and Dynamic Community:
Pursue a career you love as part of a young, smart, dynamic, flexible, and fast-paced team with flat structures, quick communication, and a ton of daily learnings.
Develop your career:
Join us early on our mission and you have the opportunity to develop into a leading position in our growing company and the industry.
Balance work and life with generous paid time off and flexible work.